We are fully booked for all tent, RV and Cabin sites all weekends until after Labor Day.
Useful tips for your time at the ocean
Driving on the Beach requires some basic rules of the road... these are the law and must be obeyed at all times:
- All vehicles must be licensed and street legal.
- All drivers must have a valid driver's license.
- You must drive on the uppermost hard-packed sand and not in the sand dunes or near the surf.
- The Speed Limit is 25 mph by may have to be slower if conditions are poor or it endangers others.
- You cannot do"donuts" or circling on the beach. $250 fine for this offence.
- All persons on Mopeds or Motorcycles are required to wear a helmet.
- Do not drive in posted closed areas.
- Do not drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Do not drive on clam beds.
Fires on the beach...
- Cannot be in or near the dunes.
- Cannot be in or using large pieces of driftwood.
- Do not leave fires unattended.
- Dune grass is highly flammable.
- Watch for burn bans at http://www.wadnr.gov/burn-risk or contact the DNR at 800-323-2876
How to drive on the beach - This is by far the most important aspect to Ocean Shores. Driving where there's no roads.
- Don't exceed the posted speed limits, safety is paramount.
- Our campground is at the furthest north you can drive and you can drive south to Ocean Shores town center as the furthest south on the beach.
- Do not drive in the water. You have a very high chance of drenching your motor and getting stuck in the riptide.
- Do not be like these people and leave your car, truck, or RV unattended. The water can come in quick and leave you stranded without a vehicle.
- Do not drive in soft sand, you will bog down and even with 4x4 you can be stuck.
- Drive where others are driving, observe good manners as if it were a highway.
- Watch for children and animals at all times.
Fireworks on the beach...
- Fireworks are permitted only during the time permitted by State Law (June 28th noon to July 6 noon).
- Fireworks are only permitted from the high tide line to the water.
- Fireworks are not permitted in the campground or in town.
- Do not approach, touch, or feed seals. $500 fine for being within 100' of a seal.
- Razor clams are only able to be dug up during Razor Clam season and require licenses.
- All Fishing requires proper licensing.
- Avoid feeding any and all wildlife.